Position: PR and Communications Executive
Location: Birmingham / Worcester
Reporting To: Head of Marketing
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Cartwright King is a national law firm with offices across the country. We are a people focused business where our staff and clients come first. We have built teams of the best solicitors, barristers, paralegals, legal clerks and support staff. Recruiting the right people to enhance our already formidable teams is vital to our business.
We are looking for a PR and Communications Executive to become an integral part of our marketing team.
You will play a key role in developing marketing and PR communications activities and deliver excellence across press releases, thought leadership, social media and internal communications.
Working closely with the Head of Marketing and other senior management, the role is responsible for raising the profile of the firm and its departments through online and offline channels, whilst maintaining the integrity of the brand and corporate identity.
- Identify the PR and communications opportunities to pitch to the press
- Running the PR campaigns and reporting successes
- Review the press to identify appropriate proactive and reactive communications opportunities
- Write a variety of external and internal content including press releases and intranet articles
- Monitor and develop social media content and spot ‘live issues’ and assist with the production of a range of digital content.
- Work on a range of projects – such as the firm’s rebranding project, which the firm will be embarking on within the next 12 months
- Degree educated
- Previous experience in a PR / Communications role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – will need to communicate with people at different levels
- Experience in pitching stories to the media and press
- Self-confident and approachable– will need to represent the marketing department and liaise with senior management of the firm
- Self-starter and work at their own initiative
- Experience of managing social media platforms, running reports and posting content
- PR campaign experience
- Experience writing internal and external content
- Strong admin, planning and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of the legal sector
What can we offer you
- Opportunity for career progression and support through training where needed
- A friendly and positive culture based on team work with no micro-managing
- A well run and secure business where you can work with confidence
- Flexible and agile working arrangements to enable staff to balance life and work
In return we are looking for ambitious individuals who would fit into a go-ahead and positive environment. As a firm we are committed to providing equal opportunities in employment. This means that all applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
To apply please email a full CV and cover letter to Recruitment@cartwrightking.co.uk. Please include in your cover letter why you feel you are a good candidate for the role, as well as your salary expectations and notice period.
**Please note that applications submitted without both CV and cover letter or submitted via other channels will not be considered.**