Here to help.

Click here to speak to us today

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
  • DD slash MM slash YYYY
  • Please note that this is only a PROVISIONAL appointment time, a member of our team will either confirm the request, or provide the closest alternative option available.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.
Message us
Get a call back

Closure Notice Orders

Regulatory Law

Cartwright King can assist you with the legal advice you need to challenge or appeal a Closure Notice or Closure Order. Our experienced solicitors will defend your rights to ensure minimum disruption to your business or to help you regain access to residential premises. 

Get in touch today to talk to a specialist solicitor.

Calm, collected solicitors at your service

Section 80 (5) of the Antisocial Behaviour Crime and Policing Act 2014 enables a senior police officer or council official to close premises for up to 48 hours and to seek an order from a Magistrates’ Court that the premises remain closed for a further 3 months. This could have a dramatic impact on you or your business.

If your business or residential premises is on the brink of closure, you need calm, collected solicitors to assist you. Our experienced team has the know-how to overturn Closure Notices and Orders, based on a solid understanding of police and local authority powers and the legal action that can be taken.

Should your case progress to Crown Court, you will benefit from our advocacy services, giving you continuous legal representation at every stage of proceedings no matter where you are in the UK.

Get started with a ‘get to know you’ chat

Call us today and immediately speak to an experienced solicitor for a free*, get to know you chat. There really is no substitute for talking to a specialist lawyer when you’re faced with a Closure Notice or Closure Order, and potentially losing access to your premises and your livelihood.

The discussion is completely informal and confidential, and is an opportunity for us to:

  • Get to know you 
  • Understand your situation
  • Agree how you want to proceed

*Please be aware that this is a ‘get to know you’ call and no advice will be given.

Take the time to get to know us and get a sense of the Cartwright King culture and ethos. We want you to be completely at ease in choosing us to represent you. 

Why choose Cartwright King for Closure Notice and Order cases?

When access to your premises is at stake or your business is on the verge of closure, time is of the essence. Cartwright King acts fast to get up to speed with your situation and helps you get organised to challenge or appeal a Closure Notice or Order. We deliver swift, incisive legal services to keep your case moving.

No matter how complex your case, we will be there to defend your rights. You won’t be passed off to other law firms, Cartwright King has you covered every step of the way, steering you out of choppy waters with calm legal assistance.

Legal Fees

A fixed fee service is available, and we will make it clear what our fixed fees give you. You can also request an estimate of the likely fees involved, but rest assured that we will always be transparent about costs. 

Alternatively, you may be entitled to Legal Aid, for which we can apply on your behalf.

For private paying arrangements, we can offer payment plans to spread the cost. To discuss payment options, give us a call today or email us using the ‘Contact us’ link below.

Arrow Link Contact us

We're here for you.

Frequently asked questions.

Closure Notices and Orders are formal sanctions that allow the police or your local council to quickly close premises which are being used, or are likely to be used, to commit nuisance or disorder.

A Closure Notice can close premises for up to 48 hours while arrangements are made for a formal application to a local Magistrates’ Court for a Closure Order. A Closure Order can keep premises closed for up to 3 months.

Closure Notices and Closure Orders can apply to any land or any other place including residential business premises, business premises, non-business premises and licenced premises. In fact, they cover pretty much all premises.

You have received a Closure Notice because a police officer or local council has deemed that:

  • The use of your premises has, or is likely, to result in nuisance to members of the public
  • There has been or is likely to be disorder near to, or associated with, the premises and that the Notice is necessary to prevent nuisance or disorder from continuing, reoccurring or occurring

You have received a Closure Order because a Magistrates’ Court is satisfied that:

  • A person has engaged, or is likely to engage, in disorderly, offensive or criminal behaviour on the premises
  • The use of the premises has resulted in, or is likely to result in, serious nuisance to members of the public
  • There has been, or is likely to have been, disorder near to or associated with the premises and the Order is necessary to prevent the behaviour, nuisance or disorder from continuing, recurring or occurring