Property Equity Transfer Solicitors
A gift, a divorce or a marriage – there are numerous reasons why you may want to transfer property equity. Cartwright King’s conveyancing solicitors can assist you with expert legal advice for all questions and tasks around transferring property equity.
Transfer of Property Equity Explained
Transfer of equity is the process of changing the legal ownership of a property. In this instance, “equity” is a legal term meaning the rights of financial ownership rather than the plain English meaning which is used to describe the net property value.
There are different reasons why you may want to transfer equity:
- To add or remove your spouse or partner
- Long-term tax planning purposes
- A court has ordered the equity of the property to be transferred.
- A new trust has been formed.
- To add other family members
- You wish to gift a property to someone else.
How Our Conveyancing Solicitors Can Help?
We can assist you with the following:
- Update the title documentation with the land registry
- Check whether Stamp Duty Land Tax is due
- Draft the deed of transfer
- Check that all funds have been received, all paperwork completed and documents signed to conclude the process
- Seek consent from the mortgage lender
Our solicitors can help you with any questions you may have during this process.
Costs of Transferring Property Equity Legal Advice
At Cartwright King, we want to avoid hidden fees and unexpected costs. That’s why we will provide you with a fixed transfer of equity quote before starting our services. That way, you know exactly what you’ll be paying and what services you’ll receive. Our transfer of equity fee won’t change unless your instructions do.