Your Personal Information
Privacy notice and policy
- Our duty to use your personal information lawfully and to keep it safe
- Our duty of confidentiality to you
Using your personal information
1. In order to provide our services to you we must record personal information about you.
2. The sort of information we might ask you to provide includes:
- personal details including your name, nationality, gender, age, job, health and your financial situation
- personal details of other family members including any children you have responsibility for
- details of other legal issues or cases you have had to deal with in the past
3. If we ask you to provide us with any personal data it will only be as necessary for us to provide our services to you.
4. We may also receive personal information about you from other organisations or individuals in the course of providing the services.
5. All personal information about you will be kept securely on our servers or sometimes in paper form.
6. We may instruct another person or organisation on your behalf to help you with your case such as a medical practitioner, an expert witness a barrister or other firm of lawyers. If we do this we have to be sure that any such person or organisation will look after your personal data and observe any legal requirements imposed on them by law in relation to that data.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of rights including:
- the right to know what personal information we hold about you
- the right to ask us to amend any personal information we hold about you
- the right to ask us to delete your personal information from our records and systems
- the right to ask that information about your case is shared with persons or organisations outside of the United Kingdom but only if it is in the furtherance of your case
- the right to ask that we stop processing any of your data
Storing your personal information after your case has finished.
We will usually retain your information for a period of six years.
Data Protection Officer
The firm has appointed a Data Protection Officer to whom any enquiries about your personal information should be directed.