Cartwright King is committed to acting in the best interests of the key stakeholders of the business, which include the clients, the funders of the work it provides to the community, the Directors, Associates and staff of the firm, and the wider community.
The firm supports the wider community in which it operates by a wide range of initiatives and activities for prospective lawyers, schools, and charities. Other activities including pro-bono (unpaid) work for a number of clients and organisations that the firm supports.
Amongst many activities Cartwright King provides the following support:
- Sponsor the annual awards at Nottingham Law School
- Sponsor the President’s Cup and Hammond Cup training activities at Nottingham Law Society for young lawyers
- Support staff undertaking leadership roles in the Junior Lawyers Division of the Law Society that supports trainee and young lawyers
- Recruiting Apprentices to offer diverse routes into the legal profession
- Being members of the local Chambers of Commerce to support local trade and industry
- Participating in the Breast Cancer Race for Life
- Supporting Shelter’s fundraising events.
Other activities in the community include:
- Charity 5-a-side football competition for groups of young professionals
- Supporting the Lions Charity
- Support to ‘Help a Nottinghamshire Child’
- Giving talks to local schools, colleges and law fairs on the career of a lawyer and entry routes
- Supporting Help for Heroes and other local charities, including LOROS in Leicester
- Many staff also give up their time to support local organisations through a diverse range of activities including those of school governor, scout and guide leaders, working with clubs and charities that give back to the wider community in which they and their families live.
Cartwright King supports its staff by:
- Ensuring equal opportunities for all staff and being proud of the diverse team
- Offering training contracts every year and supporting young lawyers
- Providing good working conditions that are run to protect the environment wherever possible
- Supporting career advancement.